On my own journey to better health I quickly came to realise that the positive benefits of the treatment I received (i.e., chiropractic, acupuncture, Chinese herbs) could be enhanced through my own efforts at lifestyle change. I gradually came to understand the many lifestyle factors that impact on all of our efforts at restoring and maintaining health. I also realized that these were areas of my life where, to a large extent, I could take control. That is, if I chose to. The only question was: did I want to take control?
For the most part I chose to take control and have been blessed to receive the health benefits, according to the effort I was prepared to make. Part of the process involved my studying on the intensive Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) course organised by the prestigious, US-based Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). This course revealed the fantastic potential of dietary and other lifestyle change for overall health and since taking the course I have been able to share this wonderful knowledge with my patients.
At Advance Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinic, Hertford, we want to help you realise just how much is within your power. In other words, we’re passionate about helping you take control on your health journey. If that is what you want, we can help you.
From a pronounced limp (30+ year old injury) and the overall flexibility of a tree trunk, David transformed me back to normality, with apparent ease. Mobility into my senior years is important to me. David is professional, competent, and the clinic environment is very clean. I highly recommend this service. Gwen Williams
How Do Lifestyle Factors Have an Impact on My Health?
The lifestyle factors that have the greatest impact on health are:
- Stress and other emotions
- Exposure to environmental toxins, including smoking.
Many patients come to see me having suffered with chronic, debilitating illnesses for many years, often decades. These conditions include arthritis, low back pain, obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, digestive disorders, autoimmune disease and other chronic, inflammatory diseases, migraines, as well as infertility and problems experienced during and after pregnancy. The list is almost endless. The evidence suggests that lifestyle factors are associated with many chronic health problems and that making positive lifestyle choices can help reduce the symptoms of these conditions. This is especially so when lifestyle change is combined with effective therapies, such as chiropractic, acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
Poor lifestyle choices and the chronic conditions associated with them, can slow down the progress you make with chiropractic, acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Most of us can, if we wish, make lifestyle changes which move us closer to good health. At Advance Clinic, the positive lifestyle changes patients make often enhances the results they obtain with chiropractic, acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
David takes a truly holistic approach to his patients, taking a detailed medical history, assessment and then setting out an agreed treatment plan. He is highly qualified and dedicated, looking at both the medical and emotional connections. Emma H.
How Can Advance Clinic, Hertford Help Me Make Necessary Lifestyle Changes to Regain and Maintain Good Health?
Advance Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinic, Hertford is about so much more than chiropractic, acupuncture and Chinese herbs, great as these are. Our whole, body-mind approach will also help you tackle those lifestyle issues which have the greatest impact on your health and which can keep you from staying well.
When you experience chiropractic, acupuncture or Chinese herbs at Advance Clinic, we offer you access to important information on how you can enhance the positive effects of your treatment through making key lifestyle changes with:
- Diet – Learn which foods are much more likely to generate problems with your health and those which are likely to promote good health.
- Exercise – Realise that you don’t have to engage in hours and hours of strenuous exercise to benefit, but that some is beneficial. In fact, excessive exercise is implicated in many health problems, so our approach promotes moderate exercise only.
- Sleep – Learn which factors might help promote improved sleep patterns. Lack of sleep has been implicated in a variety of health issues, including weight gain, reduced pain thresholds, stress and emotional imbalance, amongst others.
- Stress and emotional imbalance – Take control of your emotions. From chronic inflammation to lowered pain thresholds and heightened muscular and joint tension, negative forms of stress do us no good at all.
- Environmental toxins – Find out how you can minimise the effects of environmental toxins in your life. Modern life brings with it many benefits. But many of the household cleaning and cosmetic products we use on a daily basis contain potentially toxic agents which can irritate the skin, but also penetrate this barrier in some cases. There is of course an obvious link between smoking and ill-health.
Ready to banish pain and other symptoms? Ready to get active again?
Let us help you experience all round health, all year round! For quality advice and safe, effective treatment,
Call Advance Clinic Now:01992-535970